Monday 13 June 2016

Just like a movie

This is a weekly post with a music clip to inspire us to get up and out.

Here's my disclaimer:  I'm not going out today. It's 4 degrees. It's raining. And I have an early meeting. So the walking/running isn't going to happen. Not today. But I will go tomorrow, and the rest of the week.

I'm not going to let that stop me from picking a song for our day, however.

Adele is a superstar, and her "When we were Young" is a favourite of mine. Let's face it, it's not going to make it onto a running playlist, so it's perfect for today. Duvets, coffee and mellow music.

That silky scratchy voice is most gorgeous at about 1 minute in, when she starts, and drops so deep, and soars seconds later. Wonderful.

The song inspires me because it's a love song that reminds us to capture every moment that life gives us, enjoy it to the full and make it unforgettable.

So if you are exercising, because it's fine to do so in your part of the world, make it memorable today. Go longer, stronger, better than you have before. Take a friend - a two legged or a furry one. Make it "just like a movie, just like a song." 

YOLO, after all.

I especially like this version - at the Church studios.


Here's a link to last week's Monday Music.


No comments: