Sunday 30 December 2018

Best of 2018 - Part One


Hello there. It's that "between Christmas and New Year" twilight zone. Which means it's the perfect time for me to publish a "Best of 2018" post, include some Christmas fare that I never got around to, and gather all my favourite parts of the Ten of the Best posts I posted this year.    

If you're new to this, I post these summaries of what I enjoy from all my friends' social media timelines, about once a week. It gives me time and space to catch up on what I've missed during the week, and also puts it all in place where I can find it if I need to. Here's the round up of the year - part one. (And if you came here looking for Part Two, it's here.)     

2018 got off to a flying start, with some #MeToo rants. Here's Geraldine DeRuiter. She admits "I Made the Pizza Cinnamon Rolls from Mario Batali’s Sexual Misconduct Apology Letter." And speaking of getting ugly, and sweary, and angry, and did I mention sweary? You have been warned. Click the pic.




Millenials were still one of our favourite subjects - did you see this one on interviewing a millennial?



I loved everything about Ellen's take on Lady Doritos - the chips invented "for women".


SONA and #SendMe. How quickly we forget.

Hasta la vista - Poplak's piece.



The year of weird Trump, as per Trevor.



The classic "How to give a cat a pill" moment.



The  Carpool Karaoke of the year... 


And this may make you shed a tear. Marshmello ft Bastille - Happier.




SU Choir did it with "Say Something".




And we'll sign out with James Corden's Christmas Karaoke - enjoy.




I'll be back soon with part 2, but if you feel like revisiting some of your favourites to see what I skipped over - here they all are.

Best of 2018 Part Two.

No comments: