Saturday 19 September 2015

Ten of the best #13

New here? Click the pictures to see the article/clip and then use your back button to come right back. Skip what you've seen, or don't think will be interesting. 

1.    This first one is for my dear friends who are “ex-pats”. I love you guys, and miss you. I liked this because it was honest.



2.    You’ve probably all seen this, but it is the World Cup after all. And I say NOTHING about the game last night with that ref of unknown nationality. I must say, I’m glad it is the English team that did this, not our green and gold guys. It is a little wimpy, no?



3.    I don’t usually like covers much. The original has gotten under my skin, and I prefer it. Here’s an exception. It’s The Kicks (Hannah Foster) – All about that Bass cover. It sounds so much sweeter. I really like it. The musicians rock too – at about 3 mins in. Listen and let me know if it’s better than the original…




4.    Teachers tell me “This is my one child during maths class.” My husband says it’s the congregation during a sermon. Very cute. The meerkat.



5.    The parents of 13-year old Caitlin Teagart have decided to end her life, saying she can now do nothing but lay on the couch and whine about things being "gay." Eerily true. The funniest thing is the comments, when someone thinks this is actually true.



6.    Got a rebellious child? Here’s something that may make you feel better. And the fact that I bet everyone is going to click on this link! and no, he doesn't have THAT finger up. This is not that kind of post, people.



7.    My kids loved this. Their cousins always grow their hair in the holidays, and then get it cut the day before school. Just enough. This guy didn’t. Legend or loony?



8.    Alexander Wang’s Spring collection. Don’t the models look so happy. Sort of like our teenagers?




9.    Another rugby clip. Well it is the time, people.The way their shorts always come off. What fascinated me about this one is how colour co-ordinated the big buff guys are. Well done fellas.



10. This may cheer you up. What SA is getting right. What is truly remarkable about it is that it was written recently, by a SA mining analyst. If anyone is depressed, those guys should be…



11.  There is a bonus track this week. Mercy Me’s funky song, Shake. It’s a bit corny. Ok its very very corny. But I loved it. Especially the synchronised dancing. Please don’t watch if you have an aversion to all things Christian, or to the cheesiness that makes me smile. I mean, look at the pic. These guys... Dancing... Together. You have been warned. Don't do it. 



Let me know what you enjoyed this week. Leave a comment, here or on my Facebook feed. I was also thinking of having a "Vote for your best of the ten of the best". What do you think? 

Here's the link to last week's Ten of The Best.

Have a great weekend everyone.

2 comments:

Fran Hill said...

I love that Kicks version of All About That Bass. This one's my favourite, though - Kate Davis with the Postmodern Jukebox crew https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyTTX6Wlf1Y

Bev Bouwer said...

I am so honoured you visited my blog, Fran. I was giggling at yours this morning, and wishing I was half as funny as you are. Your post on One Direction was hysterical. See Fran's blog on http://www.ilurveenglish.blogspot.co.uk/. And I love that other cover too. Thanks for sharing.