So - cup of tea? Warm comfy spot? Clear wifi access? Let's go.
Where the links are on the pictures, don't forget to click on the back button when you're done. If you want to come back, that is.
1. I always like to start with something thought provoking. We have been swamped with people defending other groups on social media. From Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner to everyone changing their profile pictures to rainbows in support of gay marriage rights (and also giving Facebook a whole lot of research material for free) and don't get me started on the rights of our government to blatantly disregard the law. So this clip got me thinking. It's entitled "The problem with speaking up for each other ". It's good.
2. This is funny. There is no need to click anything - it's short, so I've posted it all right here:
Lawyers should never ask a Georgia grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.
In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know me?' She responded, 'Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you'll never amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you.'
The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know the defence attorney?'
She again replied, 'Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.'
The defence attorney nearly died.
The judge asked both counsellors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said,
'If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you both to the electric chair.
3. In other news, a few dogs got together and created this funny video Click the pic:
4. In the spirit of keeping it light - we have enough darkness courtesy of Eskom, don't we? This is my daughter's blog.
She is really funny, and she has a very large following. Ok they're probably mostly teenagers like her. But my friends like reading her rants. this is her latest, and I think it is hilarious. How reading can help you escape awkward social situations. All completely fictional, of course.
5. I try not to eat too much sugar. But I hate the artificial stuff. I'd rather go without. I love to find stuff that proves that my taste buds are as clever and well advanced as I think they are. (Last week, was how wine is good for you - I knew all along - those clever buds.) Here's how Artificial sweeteners may disrupt body’s ability to control blood sugar. See, that stuff is NOT GOOD.
6. I am such a Jozi girl. I love this city, its people and its vibe. These pics are what the place is all about. Captetonians and others who don't get it, keep scrolling. We know you don't get it. It's ok, we don't mind.
7. This is one of the most beautiful articles I have read. It's called "In the end there is only room for love". Get your tissues. It is a wife's letter to her husband who took his own life. I love it. It's sentimental and brave. What strong and lovely writing.
8. There are quite a few parodies of Meghan Trainor's hit - All about that bass. I heard this week, she has had to cancel some shows because of a hemorrhage on her vocal chords. Get better, Meghan. However, Mary Evelyn Smith and the students at Liberty Elementary School in Ohio made this video - All about them books. It encourages children to take books back to the library. Show it to your kids. Get them off their devices. When they ask: "What's a library?", take them to one.
9. We all love Zapiro. This nailed it.
You may like the other posts of the Ten of the best #1 or Ten of the best #2 or even Bev's Best Books