Thursday 30 April 2015

My Review: Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich


4 out of 5 stars

Stephanie Plum is fast becoming my favourite heroine of all time. Janet Evanovich has created a winning formula. The recipe for these books is as sweet as Grandma’s warmly baked apple pie, and as satisfying as the ice cream melting atop it.

The ingredients are a (don’t) wanna be bounty hunter, who has a sense of humour and an appetite that she attaches more value to than her body image (refreshing, these days), lots of action, car chases with run-down and later blown up cars, Grandma Mazur and the rest of the delinquent, yet delightful Plums and the ever dashing Joe Morelli.

And then there are moments when I laugh out loud, and my husband groans, because he knows I am about to start reading aloud. Really, that’s what makes these books – they’re so funny.

I think every so often I should crack open another Stephanie Plum – and there do seem to be plenty of them - to restore my faith in the power of humor and a well told story.

For another fun read, try Ms Conception by Pamela Power

ISBN: 9780312966096

Here are all my reviews and recommendations.

No comments: