Friday 19 January 2018

Ten of the Best #109

Good morning everybody. It's the weekend. And yes, it's been a while since I've done a Ten of the Best. But we're back, with bells on. Here's my summary of what I enjoyed on social media feeds this week. Have fun, click the pictures for the links, and don't forget the back button to come back for more.

Since we've got a lot of catching up to do. we'll start with James Corden who summarizes the mood so well. Here he is on the "always fake news".



Speaking of The Lying Times of President Trump, someone is documenting it. Yip. Read and weep.





And yay for us, SA business leaders are set to boycott Trump in Davos, at the World Economic Forum. This because of his $%^&hole comments about Africa and Haiti. Click my favourite Zapiro for the story.


Trevor Noah catches us up on the best of the Golden Globes. That's easy - it's Oprah's speech. But Trevor's take on it is funny too.



Reversed gender roles in vintage sexist ads make for interesting viewing. Click the pic for more.



I loved this tango in the streets, even if the comments say it's staged (and I'm sure it is). It's lovely.



Barbara Kingsolver says "#MeToo isn’t enough. Now women need to get ugly". 

So many truths here, like "This is the point. The universe of men does not merit women’s indiscriminate grace. If the #MeToo revolution has proved anything, it’s that women live under threat. Not sometimes, but all the time." 

This is my favourite rant of the week, and to access it, you need to click on the week's best tweet, from author Joanne Harris (of Chocolat fame).




And speaking of getting ugly, and sweary, and angry, and did I mention sweary? Here's Geraldine DeRuiter. She admits "I Made the Pizza Cinnamon Rolls from Mario Batali’s Sexual Misconduct Apology Letter." I recant my earlier comment, this is my favourite rant of the week. Remember, I warned you about the language...Click the pic.



I know this author, and her mother. Both are awesome, and inspirational. Check out Kerryn Ponter and her books in this interview. 



Victor Borge is a classic - always funny, and ever talented. He weighs in on Mozart in this clip.


I told you we had a lot to catch up on, that's ten already.

We'll sign out with a Christmas tune, since we missed all those. Here's Pentatonix with Deck the Halls.


Happy 2018 everyone! Hope I've made it a little more fun so far.

SaveSave

No comments: